CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 25, 2011

Baking Failure

I have this dream of making beautiful, tasty homemade rolls like my grandmother did. Looks like that dream is going to take me a bit longer than I hoped.

This past weekend I decided to try my hand at making rolls (this is my second try). I thought things were going so well, I was following the recipe adding the perfect amounts. My yeast even activated, the first time I tried rolls the yeast didn't activate apparently I killed it with too hot of water.  I was feeling so good about things until I got a bit stuck. After you've incorporated all the ingredients it said to add flour by the cup until it forms a soft dough and is sticky to the touch, so that's what I did or so I thought. I added 8 cups of flour and thought that was good, put it in a bowl to rise and came back an hour later. The dough had risen, but was so sticky and gooey that it wouldn't do anything. Needless to say I had to throw it all out and will try again a later time.

I didn't have the heart to take a picture to show you. It was quite the mess. I've got a good feeling that the third time will be the charm. Wish me luck!!

Let me know what successes you have had with making homemade rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment