CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tasty Tip Tuesday

Did you know you can freeze just about anything? I did not. This is a new revolution to me and now I want a new freezer so I can have more room to freeze things. Below is a list of things that I did not know you could freeze.

Food Items you can freeze:

- Cooked, crumbled bacon
- Limes and lemons
- Butter
- Cheese
- home-made flour tortillas
- herbs (make sure you wash and dry them and then chop them)
- cupcakes
- strawberries, rhubarb and blueberries, cut to size before freezing
- most seasonal vegetables, cut to size before freezing

Wow, I'm so excited about the possibilities. I've also heard that you can freeze milk, but that it gets a bit
watery when it thaws. When freezing items be sure to wrap all food items securely and in good freezer bags or storage containers.

Please feel free to share your favorite things to freeze. Now, I'm off to buy me a new freezer...

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog Julie! How are you doing? It has been forever since we last caught up! You need to give me a call when you come home to visit. Of course, I know that you want to spend time with your mom, but we'd love to see you! Just stop on by whenever you're here!!

    834 14th Ave E

    p.s. I need a good recipe for a lasagna...any ideas??

    ReplyDelete